ITG Thanksgiving Menu Recipes
Posted by Brittney Casalina on
Creamy Dijon Dressing
• 1 tablespoon(s) minced shallots or onion flakes
• 1 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup(s) Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
• 3/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
• 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
• sea salt, pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients to Nutri Bullet or Ninja and blend for 10 seconds.
2. Chill and serve as dressing or vegetable dip for up to 2 weeks.
3. Tip: Add or subtract Dijon mustard for desired thickness
4. Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Rosemary Roasted Turkey
• 1 12-pound whole turkey
• 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
3. Wash the turkey inside and out, and pat dry. Remove any large fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear the skin.
4. Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast. Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
5. Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of pan. Roast in the preheated oven 3 to 4 hours, or until internal temp of the bird reaches 180 degrees.
6. Recipe and photo courtesy of allrecipes.co
• 1 head cauliflower, chopped
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 4oz package sliced fresh mushrooms
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 cup diced celery
• 1/3 cup diced onion
• 1/2 cup Water
• 1 1/2 cubes chicken bouillon
• 1 Egg
• 2 teaspoons dried sage
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Chop cauliflower into small chunks.
3. Heat olive oil in large skillet and cook mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add bouillon and water, cook and stir until bouillon is dissolved.
4. Combine cauliflower, egg, sage, salt and pepper in bowl. Note: You may need to slightly over season as cauliflower taste may be overpowering.
5. Mix thoroughly. Stir all ingredients together and transfer to prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes
Faux Mashed Potatoes
• 1 Head of fresh cauliflower
• 1 teaspoon Onion powder (to taste)
• 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon Sea salt, to taste
• 1/2 to 1 packet of ITG Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Soup
1. Boil or steam the cauliflower until it is very, very soft.
2. Drain the water.
3. Add the seasonings and ½ of any of the soup mixes, or more, to taste.
4. Mash well and serve steaming hot.
5. You want gravy… use the mushroom soup.. It will make wonderful gravy for your mashed cauliflower and over your turkey…. You won’t feel deprived
Green Bean Casserole
• 3 packets of ITG mushroom soup
• 12 ounces veggie broth
• 2 packages of sliced mushrooms
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon real salt
• 4 cloves of fresh garlic
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 8 cups cooked cut green beans
• 2 packets of Sour Cream & Fine Herb Zippers or White Cheddar Crisps
• 1/4 cup red onion
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon fresh dill
1. Soup Mix - Stir the soup, veggie broth &/or water, black pepper, other spices, some mushroom slices – mix in blender.
2. In 3-quart casserole dish add green beans and mushrooms to soup mix.
3. Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. 4. Top with the rings of slightly cooked red onions and crushed Sour Cream & Fine Herb Zippers or White Cheddar Crisps and place back in oven for 5-10 minutes
Cinnamon Baked "Apples"
• 4 zucchini
• 4 tablespoons Walden Farms apple butter
• 1 teaspoon allspice
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Peel zucchini or leave skin on, cut lengthwise then across into ‘apple slices’. Remove seeds if necessary.
2. Place in mixing bowl and drizzle with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
3. Stir in 4 tablespoons of Walden Farms Apple Butter, and a teaspoon of allspice. 4. Mix with spoon or hands and spread out into a glass dish, then sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Bake in oven at 350* for up to 30-45 minutes or until ‘apples’ are at desired tenderness.
6. Sprinkle with an additional quarter teaspoon of cinnamon when done baking if desired.
7. Optional: Crush 1 packet of ITG Vanilla Cinnamon O's on top for "crust" toward end of baking
Pumpkin Meringue Tart
• 1 Packet ITG Plain Pancake Mix
• 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
• 2 ounces Water
• Pudding Filling:
• 1 Packet ITG Vanilla Pudding
• 1 Egg
• 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons Splenda or Stevia
• 1 Egg White
• 3 tablespoons Splenda or Stevia
• 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In your shaker mix Crust ingredients.
3. With Olive oil spray, coat 8-9” diameter skillet and pour mixture in. Cook on medium heat until the pancake has reached a soft pliable texture. You do not want the pancake to be crispy.
4. In 4-5 inch glass pie pan (These can be picked up at most dollar stores) place the pancake in and shape it like a pie crust. You can also make smaller.
5. Next mix Pudding ingredients in your shaker and pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes.
6. While your filling is baking, place meringue ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms peaks. By varying the amount of sweetener you control how hard or soft the final meringue will be.
7. Remove filling and crust from oven and spread meringue on while hot.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 9 minutes. Meringue should be stiff and have golden brown coloring on peaks.
9. Let cool and chill before serving. *For an extra added treat, drizzle Walden Farms Caramel Syrup on Meringue.
10. Credit Recipe & Photo : 3 Fat Chick
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: Food Holidays, Recipes