Crispy Salmon or Chicken with Herb Salad
Posted by Brittney Casalina on
For 2 people ()
- 2 8 oz. Chicken or Salmon filets
- 1 Fresh Lemon (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup(s) Arugula leaves
- 1 cup(s) Baby Spinach leaves
- cup(s) Flat leaf Parsley
- 1 cup(s) Cilantro leaves
- 1 cup(s) Small Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh Mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sea Salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly Ground Black Pepper (divided)
- 1 Cooking Spray
Crispy Salmon or Chicken with Herb Salad Directions
Combine the arugula, parsley, cilantro, basil and mint in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Combine the olive oil, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic. Whisk to combine.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet (fish) or regular skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle the filets with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Place fillets, skin side down, in pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Turn fillets over and cook for another 2 minutes or until done.
Add the arugula mixture to plates. Top with a fillet and drizzle with the lemon juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.