Fish Steaks with Grilled Fennel, Red Peppers, and Onions
Posted by Brittney Casalina on
For 4 people ()
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 2 small fennel bulbs,tops removed,bulbs quartered through root ends
- 2 red bell peppers,seeded and quartered
- 2 sweet onions, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 6 fl. oz. cut 1 inch thick of grouper, flounder, cod
- 4 lemon wedges
Fish Steaks with Grilled Fennel, Red Peppers, and Onions Directions
Combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Heat an outdoor gas grill, or prepare coals for a charcoal grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Brush the cooking grates clean and oil the grill rack. Brush vegetables with oregano-oil mixture and grill until just softened and lightly charred, about 12 minutes, turning several times. Remove to a platter; loosely cover to keep warm.
Brush cooking grates clean and re-oil grill rack. Brush fillets with more oregano oil and grill 10 minutes, turning once, or until just opaque but still moist in the center. Serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, if desired, and with lemon wedges.