For 4 people ()
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 pound(s) Petite Sirloin or Filet steak (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) Fresh Grated Ginger
- 2 teaspoon(s) Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup(s) Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cup(s) Broccoli Florets
- 1 Green Onion (finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Low Sodium Soy Sauce (optional)
Gingery Broccoli and Beef Directions
Heat the 1/2 Tbs olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the sliced beef and 1/4 tsp sea salt, and brown. Remove beef from pan to a side dish, and get rid of excess juice left in pan.
In a small bowl mix lemon juice, grated ginger, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes with 1/4 cup broth. (May use some low sodium soy sauce for a more Asian dish).
Heat pan again over medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil when pan is hot.
Add broccoli to the pan. Pour liquid ingredients on top and toss to coat.
Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
Return the beef to the pan and add the green onions. Add the extra chicken broth if preferred.
Stir beef in until it’s coated with sauce, and let simmer for a few minutes until beef warmed through. Serve and enjoy.