For 4 Servings(s) ()
- 1 large bunch of kale (or bag of pre-cut)
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar (optional)
Kale Chips Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(Optional) With a knife, separate leaves from the thick ribs, and discard ribs.
Cut or tear the kale leaves into your desired size of chips - note that they will shrink while baking so do not cut them too small.
Combine the kale leaves, oil and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to toss, evenly coating the leaves with oil.
Spread out the kale in a single layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet (or two). Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over the leaves.
Bake for 3 minutes on upper rack in oven and then move the sheet to the lower rack for 3-4 more minutes, or until the kale is crunchy and no longer soft. Do not overcook as the leaves can shrink and become too fragile.
Remove and serve hot immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Experiment with your favorite seasonings such as cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, paprika, garlic, and even coat with oil, vinegar and salt for salt & vinegar kale chips!