Hair, Skin & Nails
NOTE: Please speak with me before starting any new vitamin regime!
Things to Remember:
- Thinning hair and nails along with less bounce in the skin happens with age but, there are great vitamins that can help rejuvenate the body!
- Natural supplements can take up to 1 -3 months to work with the body
- Most vitamins are to be used temporarily then cycled off so that the body does not get used to the dosage.
Biotin (Get the METHLYCOBALAMIN type, sublingual and at least 5000 MCG)
This vitamin is water soluble so you cannot take too much since the body will expel whatever is not absorbed. You can take 5000 mcg lozenges twice a day for thinning hair, brittle nails and /or dry skin.
Can be found at The Vitamin Shoppe, GNC or Amazon
- Red Algae Silica (Solgar's Brand)
This is for thinning hair and works best wjhen paired with 5000 mcg of Biotin twice a day! This can also help with bone health and the thickness of nails!
Can be found at the Vitamin Shoppe or Amazon.com
Vitamin E Oil (Best as an oil and the higher the iu's, the better)
This is great for an type of scarring on the skin, healing, bruising and even just for moisturizing the skin. This oil has great healing properties and is very hydrating! Can be diluted with coconut oil or your favorite hydrating lotion!
Can be found at The Vitamin Shoppe, Publix or Amazon.com
- Hyaluronic Acid (Can be taken in pill form or as a cream for the skin)
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the skin, eyes, and joints. Its primary function is to trap water inside tissue cells, keeping the eyes moist and the joints lubricated. Pill form can help with joint pain and moisturization of the skin and the gel or cream form is strictly for the skins texture and bounce.
Can be found at The Vitamin Shoppe, GNC or Amazon.com
- Collagen (Type I, II, and III)