The Optional Plan
Optional Plan Overview
STEP ONE - WEIGHT LOSS
- You will be on this step until you lose 100% of your weight loss goal.
- 3 ITG Products per day (may vary with your protein needs for your body type).
- Along with your 3 ITG Products per day you will also be having a minimum of 2 cups of vegetables with your lunch and dinner. With the addition of 5-8 oz of whole protein with your dinner meal
- Only one of the ITG Limited products (higher in carb ITG products) will be allowed per day. Your coach will explain what products these include along with a list that your coach will provide for you.
- All limited products have this icon on your documents
- Make sure that you have all of read all of the step One documents to review
- Your Step One – Your Weight Loss
- Food Groups for Step One Optional Food Groups
- ITG Protein Limited Daily List
- Potential Symptoms and Body Responses
- Tips for Success
- Review Frequently Asked Questions
- If you get hungry have an additional low carb ITG food. The fruit drinks are great for this they are under 100 calories and approximately 15 g of protein
- You can switch your meals at any time based on your lifestyle and work schedule. Just make sure that you get in all of your food groups. If you do not eat enough, you will actually lose less weight.
- For example, you can switch lunch and dinner
- If you are hungry during the day, munch on some veggies that you would have for lunch or dinner
- If at night you are not hungry for your 3rd Have it during the day sometime
- If you get some sweet cravings, just cut up a bar and have just a few pieces to satisfy that craving.
- The length that you will be on the plan will vary. Your weekly weight loss will vary based on your gender, age, lifestyle and physical activity. You will have best results if you stay on track and do not deviate from the plan
- Each day you will fill out your My Daily Diary. (Everything you put in your mouth!)
- Each week you will meet with your coach to review your daily diary, and your results for the week. A hint is to do this the same day of the week and at the same time
- Check out the Body Basics exercises. Start walking and gradually increase your weekly exercise
- Your coach is your lifeline to success!
Your "Optional Plan" Food Groups Page
Optional Plan tips For Success
The First Few Days
During the first few days you may feel hungry, tired or irritable so remember your body is adjusting to the reduction in calories. Hunger is temporary and after the first couple of days it will disappear leaving you feeling full of energy.
If you’re excessively hungry or tired during the first few days have an extra packet of ITG protein foods. Or a few more ounces of protein (egg whites are a great source of extra protein, or one whole boiled egg). It is better to have a little more protein than be tempted by a piece of candy or cake.
When to start
- Pick a good day to start, especially when no special events are happening.
- If Friday is good, then you can take it easy over the weekend and by Monday morning you’ll be full of energy.
- Take it one day, one meal at a time.
- Call your coach with any questions.
- Review the plan and have a list of all your approved Food Groups with you at all times.
- Clean out those tempting foods in your cabinets. Give them away to your local charity. Or just put them out of sight if other family members will be eating them.
- Prepare your grocery list. You’ll find that you’ll actually be saving money when on the plan. (see your Food Groups List).
I’m on the Plan
- Don’t skip meals.
- Eat your meals on time - this helps to control your blood sugar and maximize steady weight loss.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your meal.
- Make sure you drink your water - a minimum of eight 8 oz glasses per day.
- Limit your caffeine - for every cup of tea or coffee you need to drink an equal amount of water.
- Take your supplements with food, never on an empty stomach.
- If you take any medication - follow those instructions first.
- Avoid alcohol - it adds non-nutritious calories and stimulates your appetite. It dehydrates your body and will slow down your weight loss.
- Don’t cheat.
- Keep a Daily Food Diary. Enter your meals online.
- If you get hungry have another lower carb ITG packet of protein (see ITG Protein Daily List).
- Contact your coach with any questions.
What about Exercise?
If you do not currently exercise we recommend waiting approximately two weeks before starting an exercise plan. Why? Your body needs to adjust to lower calories. However, going on a leisurely walk is highly recommended.
After a few weeks then moderate exercise is encouraged. Talk to your coach about what kind of exercise you should be doing to be most effective. On the ITG website we have 12 Body Basic modules that you can utilize while on the plan. Exercise is important to strengthen your heart and make you feel more alert and energetic.
If you are currently a hard core exerciser, then you need to cut your exercise to about one-third of what you are currently doing for the first three weeks and adjust to your new calorie level. Listen to your body. If you feel lightheaded or faint, stop your exercise. You may find that you need additional water and an extra packet of ITG protein to maintain your muscle mass.
- Never shake a closed container with hot water. It may explode.
- Protein residue is difficult to clean if it’s had time to solidify, so wash your dishes or rinse immediately.
- Add your veggies to your soups.
- Try not to eat after 8 PM.
- Measure your water carefully. The products will change consistency with how much water you use.